Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Exciting News!

I hope you're sitting down when you read this! Jeff and I have just found out that we are expecting our third little one sometime in October. Hopefully, we're not tempting fate by sharing this news so early, but we are so excited we just couldn't wait! Many of you may remember that after having 2 little ones so close together, I swore I'd never have kids again. My dad hit the nail on the head when we were chatting one day about Maya being in kindergarten and Marisa being in preschool -- he called me an empty nester! Now with the passage of time, I realize how much we miss having a little one around - diapers, lack of sleep and all. Somehow, our family just didn't feel complete, so we decided to see if the good Lord would send us another little one.

Maya is really excited about the news - she really wants a baby brother. On the other hand, Marisa cried big crocodile tears when talking about having a new baby brother or sister. We thought it was because she didn't want to be dethroned. Come to find out, that had nothing to do with it! She said that she was afraid that mommy would get a big belly and look like Jabba the Hut (further testament that our kids watch too much Star Wars)!

We are very excited to see what this new adventure holds for us!

4 comments:

  1. Hey guys...Congradulations!!! How exciting. I love the space between my kids. I am so excited that you have joined us in the blogging world...and now to get you on facebook. Blogging and facebook...so addicting, but in such a good way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! Very exciting. We are so happy for you! Good job on the new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so excited for you!!! Glad you joined the blog world too.

    ReplyDelete