Thursday, May 13, 2010

Maya's Open House

We went to Maya's open house for school tonight where she proudly showed off all of her work for the year. It is amazing the progress she has made this year - her artwork and handwriting are fabulous! She loves school and has been blessed with a phenomenal teacher, Mrs. Ball. Mrs. Ball, who is the mother of twin first graders (and is about my age), has a real talent for bringing out the best in her students and for making learning fun. Maya loves going to school and is well loved by her teacher and friends. It was such a treat to see her showing off all of her hard work. During open house, Maya and Marisa enjoyed playing on the playground, where they practiced the monkey bars. Maya has spent many recesses over the last two years learning how to do the monkey bars. It was a fun night for us all!

2 comments:

  1. Yay, I'm so glad you're posting again! Can you believe our first graders are almost second graders? Yikes! I can't wait to see some more pics of James too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm back in the blogosphere! It has taken me a while to get organized since the baby came. I've finally got a good system for managing my photos that makes it easy to post to my blog. Wow - after 9 years I'm finally organized!

    ReplyDelete